This course will help science leaders to review the intent and implementation of their science curriculum.
- Review the intent and implementation of your science curriculum
- How to ensure curriculum progression
- Evidence informed teaching of science.
- The latest cognitive science research into how we learn and its implications for curriculum design and implementation (teaching).
- The role of cultural capital in science
- Designing a progression model (including greater depth)
- Cognitive Load Theory and its impact on progression
- The role of pedagogical style in promoting progress
- Sequencing of the curriculum
- Teaching approaches
- Pedagogical content knowledge in science.
Why this course is important:
Although science is a core subject, it has not received as much attention as the other core subjects – maths and English.
This course will provide science leaders with an overview of the latest research into effective curriculum design and how to plan for students’ greater depth of understanding.
- A clear framework for evaluating your science curriculum
- Examples of how to create a progression model for science.
Enquire about a consultant delivering this course to your school/cluster
* means required field
Pricing & Book
Course Price: Please contact us using the form below
We can come to your school or we can host a bespoke Zoom session with your organisation. Complete the enquiry form below and we'll get in touch to discuss your bespoke needs.