There is a common misconception that Cultural Capital involves visits to museums, art galleries and theatres. Whilst these are all very worthy activities they are not the same as Cultural Capital. This short course (2-3 hours) gets to the heart of what is meant by Cultural Capital and Powerful Knowledge and will show you how they can be used to help determine the breadth of your curriculum.
- Clear definition of the terms
- Linked to aims of National Curriculum and inspection
- Practical considerations for curriculum and classroom.
Advance your understanding of:
- The actual meaning of Cultural Capital and Powerful Knowledge
- Why Ofsted have included these aspects in their inspection framework
- How to plan for Cultural Capital and Powerful Knowledge in a range of curriculum subjects
- The importance of a coherent approach to planning.
- Lots of examples of how Cultural Capital and Powerful Knowledge can be used to determine the breadth of your curriculum
- A thorough understanding of the importance of them in the academic success and life chances of your students
- A comprehensive reading list for further study of the key issues.
Enquire about a consultant delivering this course to your school/cluster
* means required field
Pricing & Book
Course Price: Please contact us via the form below
We can come to your school or we can host a bespoke Zoom session with your organisation. Complete the enquiry form below and we'll get in touch to discuss your bespoke needs.