This course will help you to design and implement a curriculum that leads to students’ long-term retention and deep understanding of the subjects studied.
Based on a wealth of research, Chris will guide you through the design and implementation process and provide a wide range of practical steps to help you turn the ideas into practice.
- Learn about all aspects of curriculum design
- Explore knowledge & long-term memory
- Consider a qualitative progression model
- Understand sequencing and spacing
- Explore assessment considerations
- The basic principles of learning – what it is (and isn’t) and the difference between remembering and knowing
- The importance of curriculum breadth, cultural capital, and powerful knowledge
- The Importance of vocabulary
- How to create an evidence-informed progression model based on research into how learning happens
- The importance of clearly defined curriculum end-points
- The portrayal of progress towards endpoints
- How to effectively sequence the curriculum
- Effective pedagogy for sustained student progress, including writing to learn and dual-coding
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge for deep understanding
- Important questions about assessment
- Monitoring of curriculum provision
Advance your understanding of:
- What makes an effective curriculum
- The research that underpins effective learning, including cognitive load theory
- The importance of sequencing towards carefully planned curriculum end-points
- The importance of schema development and procedural fluency.
- Many practical activities that can be used in a range of subjects across the primary curriculum
- Examples of curriculum materials
- CPD ideas to help your teachers to improve their knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
- A comprehensive reading list of research that will help you to explore in more detail the aspects of the course.
Enquire about a consultant delivering this course to your school/cluster
* means required field
Pricing & Book
Course Price: Please contact us via the form below
We can come to your school or we can host a bespoke Zoom session with your organisation. Complete the enquiry form below and we'll get in touch to discuss your bespoke needs.