Discover all aspects of curriculum design in EYFS with practical guidance on effective provision and progression.
This highly practical, evidence-based course will help you to plan a rich, well-sequenced curriculum for children in Nursery and Reception.
- Understand all aspects of curriculum design
- Find out about Threshold Concepts, Big Ideas and Progression
- Gain a thorough understanding of EYFS requirements
- Curriculum breadth, cultural capital and powerful knowledge
- How to develop a curriculum that fits the context of your children
- Effective curriculum sequencing
- The role of ‘big ideas’ in shaping children’s schema development
- Effective Early Years pedagogy
- The importance of planning for rich, sophisticated vocabulary
- The inter-related nature of physical and academic development
- The ways in which executive function and self-regulation can be effectively developed
- Effective formative assessment.
Advance your understanding of:
- The changes to the EYFS framework
- How to create a rich, holistic curriculum that steers children successfully towards the Early Learning Goals
- The importance of sequencing
- The different pedagogical approaches that have been proven to be effective
- The need to embed formative assessment rather than onerous ‘evidence collection’ activities.
- A thorough understanding of the new requirements
- A high-quality set of example resources to get you started with curriculum planning
- Practical and ‘workload-friendly’ ideas for formative assessment
- Examples of resources soon to be published by Chris Quigley Education to help create an evidence-informed progression model.
Enquire about a consultant delivering this course to your school/cluster
* means required field
Pricing & Book
Course Price: Please contact us via the form below
We can come to your school or we can host a bespoke Zoom session with your organisation. Complete the enquiry form and we'll get in touch to discuss your bespoke needs.
Already know the date and course you want? You can book Chris to deliver a live, online event to your school/group now. Just select the date and course you require and book!