- The importance of vocabulary for academic success, employment and well-being
- How to create a whole-school vocabulary spine
- How to introduce new vocabulary to students
- Activities to deepen students’ understanding of vocabulary.
- Discover the pressing need to teach vocabulary
- Learn how to create a whole-school vocabulary spine
- learn how to best teach and deepen understanding of vocabulary
Why is this course relevant or important:
Researchers Law and Charlton from the University of Newcastle found that the wider and deeper one’s vocabulary:
- The the better one’s reasoning and pragmatic skills become
- The better one’s chances of academic success and economic well-being become
- The greater the likelihood of better mental health and well-being.
This and other research form the basis for this evidence-informed course.
Advance your understanding of:
- The research that shows the importance of vocabulary
- The importance of a wide, rich curriculum to support vocabulary acquisition
- The benefits of a whole-school vocabulary spine
- Categories of words for the vocabulary spine
- The importance of introducing Greek and Latin root words to even the youngest students.
- Effective teaching methods to introduce vocabulary.
- A comprehensive understanding of the research into vocabulary acquisition
- 10 approaches to create a whole-school vocabulary spine
- 23 activities to deepen understanding of vocabulary.
Enquire about a consultant delivering this course to your school/cluster
* means required field
Pricing & Book
Course Price: Please contact us via the form below
We can come to your school or we can host a bespoke Zoom session with your organisation. Complete the enquiry form below and we'll get in touch to discuss your bespoke needs.