This course will help science leaders to review the intent and implementation of their science curriculum.
- Review the intent and implementation of your science curriculum
- How to ensure curriculum progression
- Evidence informed teaching of science
- The latest cognitive science research into how we learn and its implications for curriculum design and implementation (teaching).
- The role of cultural capital in science
- Designing a progression model (including greater depth)
- Cognitive Load Theory and its impact on progression
- The role of pedagogical style in promoting progress
- Sequencing of the curriculum
- Teaching approaches
- Pedagogical content knowledge in science.
Why this course is relevant or important:
Although science is a core subject, it has not received as much attention as the other core subjects – maths and English.
This course will provide science leaders with an overview of the latest research into effective curriculum design and how to plan for students’ greater depth of understanding.
- A clear framework for evaluating your science curriculum
- Examples of how to create a progression model for science.
Individual & Group Access
The prices above are the total amount you will pay for your group plus VAT.
Just select Pay by Invoice and enter the required information.
You have 30 days to pay your invoice.
If your selected date to access the course is prior to 30 days we will still grant you access to the course and your invoice is payable in line with our Terms and Conditions.
If you have selected 1-5 delegates, for example, but you only enter the details of 2 of the delegates now, you will have the option to add additional delegates via your CQE account up until 48 hours prior to your requested course start date.Pay by Invoice